Intresserad av samarbete kring bistånd till biodiversitetsinformatik? Se nedan från GBIF-sekretariatet och kontakta GBIF-Sweden för mer information (firstname.lastname@example.org):
We are pleased to inform you of the plans for the 2017 call of the GBIF Capacity Enhancement Support Programme.
This programme provides co-funding to GBIF Participants for collaborative projects targeting capacity enhancement and exchange through mentoring, training and advocacy activities, needs assessments, and the production or adaptation of documentation and guidance material. You can browse projects supported by this programme here.
Full information about the call will be made available on GBIF.org in January, but please consider already contacting potential partners to discuss project ideas.
- Representatives of GBIF Participants will be invited to submit short concept notes from 16 January – 3 March 2017.
- Those selected will be invited to prepare full proposals in March - April 2017, with selected projects informed in early May.
- The projects will be implemented from June 2017 to June 2018.
- The overall budget for the call is 80,000 EUR.
- Projects are based on combining one or more of five eligible types of action (mentoring activities, regional training support, GBIF advocacy actions, documentation and needs assessment).
- The maximum amount of funding per project is 20,000 EUR
- The call is designed to align with the GBIF Capacity Enhancement Framework.
- Applicants are encouraged to use the capacity self-assessment guidelines for national biodiversity information facilities to identify capacity needs to target through project proposals.
- Applicants will be encouraged to align projects with the Implementation plan 2017-2021 and Annual Work Programme 2017.
If you have any questions about the programme or this year’s call, don’t hesitate to contact Mélianie Raymond or Alberto González-Talaván from the GBIF Secretariat by email (CESP@gbif.org) or telephone (+45 35321470).
CESP Coordination team